Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Time Is Here

So the turkey is a delicious golden brown.  Sides of every possible persuasion is waiting for the taking.  Tasty bread, cakes, and pies for those who save room.  Loved ones gather round to feast.  Did I mention the loved ones of the fur variety?  Those sad little brown eyes that plead "Don't forget me".  One little bite can't possibly hurt can it?

I am one of those people who doesn't mind sharing my meal with my pets.  I am enjoying tasty wonderfulness, so why shouldn't they be included?  Each has impeccable manners and let their wishes be known, but wait for their shares to be passed around.

The key to avoiding a big emergency bill on any holiday is smart common sense sharing.  White meat turkey is bland and easily digestible.  Small pieces of roll are also okay.  Judiciously parted out gibbets may be acceptable depending on your pet.  Vegetables and fruit are always safe if not prepared in buttery or creamy sauces.

There are many safe opportunities to include you pets in your holiday celebrations.  Just use common sense and avoid spicy, greasy foods.

Happy Thanksgiving
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment